I recently shared a homemade BBQ sauce that happens to be Whole30, Paleo, and down right tasty. I teased that there would be a shrimp recipe to come that features the sauce. Well (drum roll please ?) here you go!
The BBQ sauce isn’t as sweet as a conventional sauce, but the sweetness of the pineapples do not leave you lacking. And then there’s the bacon…I mean it’s bacon…who doesn’t love BACON!? I seriously can’t get enough of this dinner. Plus, everyone knows that food on a stick is just plain better.
You could totally throw these on the grill and avoid any eye roll from your husband for depriving him of valid grilling time (or hey, maybe you’re the master griller in the home!) I just personally prefer to cook these in the oven.
- Skewers16oz raw shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tail removed)
- 1 package compliant bacon (I love Pederson’s)
- 1 can pineapple chunks (be sure to check the ingredients! I grab mine from Sprouts)
- 1 batch BBQ sauce
- If using wood skewers, be sure to soak them for about 15-20 minutes prior to cooking. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut all slices in a package of bacon into thirds.
- Put a cube of pineapple above the shrimp, wrap bacon all the way around and then slide onto skewer.
- Lay skewers on a rack over a baking sheet. Brush both sides with BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip the skewers over and then bake an additional 15 minutes or until bacon is crisped.
Tip: I usually have more shrimp and pineapple than I do bacon. I like to sauté any extra pineapple, shrimp, and sauce in a skillet with some olive oil and have for leftovers over cauliflower rice.