I know I keep posting about how I don’t have a sweet tooth, but yet time and time again I’m sharing these tasty treats. It’s the boys…I have to feed their sugar cravings or else I face a mutiny. And even though I may not have a sweet tooth, chocolate peanut butter cups are my jam. There just isn’t a more perfect pairing than peanut butter and chocolate.
I couldn’t resist trying my hand at a cleaner version of the beloved peanut butter cups. And as I’ve mentioned a time or two before, a no bake dessert is always a win in my book. What I love best about these chocolate cups is the chocolate pie crust base that holds them all together.
- 1 1/4 cup Paleo baking flour
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 pitted dates
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2/3 cup coconut oil coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or other nut/seed butter of choice)
1. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking oil or use silicone mini muffin inserts in your tin.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the chocolate cup in a food processor until a smooth crust mixture is formed. Press the crust mixture into muffin tins and up the sides forming a cup, leave a deeper indentation in the middle to hold the nut butter. Place in the freezer to firm up while making the chocolate sauce.
3. Combine all the ingredients for the chocolate sauce in a small saucepan and place of low to medium heat. Stir continuously until combined and smooth. Remove from heat.
4. While the chocolate sauce is cooling, place a heaping 1/2 tsp of nut butter in the middle of the cup.
5. Pour chocolate sauce on top of each cup and then place in the fridge to cool for at least 1 hour.
Makes 20 almond butter cups
Give these naturally sweetened treats a try and let me know what you think!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products I recommend. If you purchase those products through my link I earn a small commission. You will not pay more when buying through my link. I only recommend products that I love and use myself. Plus, when you order through my link it helps support my site! ?
You can read my full disclaimer here.