We’ve been predominantly Paleo for about 18 months now; me willingly, Mr. B begrudgingly. In the beginning as your collecting meals, your arsenal is small and repeats are often. However this little ditty has been on repeat by choice. Full of color and taste, it’s a treat for your senses. Plus, it’s all made in one pan…can I get a what, what?! Actually we like this meal so much we double up and make two pans, so we can enjoy the extra for lunch the next day!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes medley (orange, yellow, and red)
- 8 oz of white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil, chopped (optional)
- 1 serving of Pesto sauce (recipe below)
- Heat oil in a large skillet (may need two, depending on the size) over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until done. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add asparagus and cook about 3-5 minutes. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, shallot, and sun dried tomatoes to remaining oil and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- At this point I like to add a splash of chicken broth or water to skillet to deglaze the pan and get all those tasty bits scraped up. Add chicken back to the skillet.
- Add pesto sauce and toss to evenly coat. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 oz pine nuts, lightly roasted in a pan with olive oil
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoons olive oil
Combine basil, nuts, garlic, salt, and pepper in a processor until chopped, Add oil and blend until smooth.
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know what you think!