Baked French Fries
Those of you that have given up fast food, you don’t have to give up your crispy french fries! Try this recipe for a crispy, and… wait for it….healthy fry made in your very own kitchen.
- 5-7 medium sized gold potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Parchment paper
- Wash the potatoes. Cut them into even 1/4 inch strips.
- Place them into a large bowl and cover with water. Let them soak for about 30 minutes.
- Lay out potatoes and dry off completely. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and let potatoes continue to dry while preheating.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Don’t skip this step, the parchment paper is a must!
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil (about 2-4 TBSP) and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Place potatoes on the lined baking sheet, making sure they do not touch. This is important. If they are too close the potatoes will steam instead of getting crispy.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and then toss and turn potatoes and add more salt and pepper.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees. Bake another 10-15 minutes until golden brown.