Stories For My Son
Originally published in July 2014
Today, I’m continuing my journey of documenting stories about me to share with my son. I’m following topics that were provided by www.babymakingmachine.com. You can find a list of previous topics and posts at the bottom of this page.
What are five things that make you most happy right now?
1. Our family! Nothing makes me happier right now than having our little family moments. Like, this weekend we had a picnic for lunch in the backyard…just because! We went bowling with you and your friend from school. We dance and sing, and have tickle fights. You tell us we’re your best friend and that you love us. Nothing makes me happier than the three of us.
2. Food! I love researching, creating, buying, and cooking food. It makes me happy to know that I’ve been responsible in every step of giving you a healthy and yummy meal to fuel your never ending energy. Once we have our garden in the back yard, that will be even better to grow some of the food!
3. Success! My company is so successful right now. There have been plenty of hills and valleys and bumps in the road so I am very happy to be successful in this moment right now.
4. Our home! You were only 2 1/2 when we moved, so I don’t think you’ll ever remember your first home. It was a lovely home, but living where we do now makes me so very happy. It’s coming up on a year that we’ve lived there and I still smile every day when I walk in the door and realize it’s our home. I smile when I look at our huge backyard, and I smile when I get to watch a movie upstairs as loud as I want without worry it will wake you.
5. Lunch! About three times a week your dad and I leave the office for lunch. We don’t always go to eat, sometimes we just go hang out somewhere. It makes me very happy to have that time with him so often, and without the cost of a babysitter!