Spinach & Cheddar Chicken Burger
This burger is so flavorful and great with lettuce wrap vs bun. I promise (or better yet, Mr. B promises), your beef loving guy won’t be disappointed. It comes together quickly too, which is always a win in a house where I’m outnumbered (#boymom).
You can speed up the prep process by purchasing ground chicken, but if you have a food processor, it’s so easy to “grind” up your boneless, skinless chicken in that. Plus cheaper to boot! If I save money on the grocery bill, that totally transfers over to my oil budget, right?!
With the weather warming up, this is the perfect recipe to add to your outdoor grill repertoire. We’ll keep it our little secret just how good all that sneaky spinach is for everyone 😉
Original recipe can be found here
- 1 lb ground chicken (use a food processor to “grind” up 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts!)
- 1-5 oz package fresh baby spinach leaves
- Half of yellow onion
- 2 green onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 TBSP balsamic
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- salt & pepper, to taste
1. Warm spinach in skillet to slightly wilt it.
2. Chop spinach, onion, green onions, and garlic on food processor.
3. Combine onion/ spinach mixture with chicken and remaining ingredients.
4. Form 4 patties and grill until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.